DLnet

Digital Libraries Network is for health librarians and trainers in the UK, interested in promotion and training.

Monday, June 30, 2003

Confucius said "What I hear I forget, what I see I remember, what I do I understand". There are various updated versions of this, along the lines of "we remember 20% of what we read, 30% of what we hear, 40% of what we see, 50% of what we say, 60% of what we do, and 90% of what we see, hear, say, and do". Add to that, the different learning styles adopted by people and trainers have a lot to think about! There's lots of info on the net about learning styles - try testing yourself to discover your own learning style. The University of St Thomas links to several online tests. If you enjoy taking online tests, take a step further and try the BBC's What Kind of Thinker are You? test.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home