DLnet

Digital Libraries Network is for health librarians and trainers in the UK, interested in promotion and training.

Tuesday, March 23, 2004

City and Guilds 7307

Further to Zoe's contribution, I can confirm what a great course the City and Guilds 7307 is. I have been a temporary information skills tutor since September 2003 (standing in for someone on maternity leave). I felt that I needed support, so I took the 7307 Part II. I took Part I in 1995 and as I needed 30 hours teaching for stage II I could not carry on with it straight after Part I. When I got this job in September I had the required 30 hours, so was accepted on the 7307 Part II. It has been a great help to me, covering lesson plans, teaching and learning strategies, teaching and learning styles, assessment, communication, PowerPoint, etc. I attended one evening per week and it fed into everything I did in my job. I have had a wonderful 7 months, both in my work and on the course. I finish next Monday evening and I would certainly recommend it.
Tricia Garvey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home