DLnet

Digital Libraries Network is for health librarians and trainers in the UK, interested in promotion and training.

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Developing training contacts

Rather than just collect training statistics, it has been suggested to me to keep a record of who has been trained what. This data can be captured in conjunction with a training evaluation form. This means that after a reasonable interval you can contact trainees to see how they are getting on and whether they need any more training. Furthermore, they can be notified early of any developments to a training programme, such as new or more advanced courses. In my organisation, the training department has a broad training database on Access, to which I am able to input who has been on which of my information skills courses. In the future I can use reports to export contact details of interest. This data is more useful than just bald training statistics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home