Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Monday, June 20, 2005
Assertive Communication and Influencing Workshops
Further to the email that Alison sent on the 7th June, here are more details about the Assertive Communication Workshops she mentioned, which are designed to help you think about how to promote your services effectively and get your messages across to the right people. Places are limited to 30 for each workshop, and the London one on 6th September in particular is booking up quickly. The workshops will be very participative, and will give you the opportunity to look at your own workplace situations.
Times: Each event will start at 10am, and will finish by 4pm - lunch will be provided.
Dates and venues:
Wednesday 6th July - Leeds - Leeds Park Plaza hotel
Tuesday 26th July - London - Thistle Euston hotel
Thursday 28th July - Nottingham - Holiday Inn Nottingham
Tuesday 6th September - London - Radisson Grafton
Thursday 8th September - Wolverhampton - Novotel Wolverhampton
Monday 12th September - Manchester - Palace hotel, Manchester
Friday 16th September - Bristol - Novotel Bristol
Tuesday 27th September - Newcastle - Thistle Newcastle
To book a place, go to http://www.insitefulsurveys.com/Survey.asp?SI=287933310475 - you will receive a confirmation email, and more details will be sent nearer the time.
Overall Aim - to explore the different ways people can be influenced and to identify ways to develop assertive communication techniques
Objectives - at the end of the session delegates will have:
- examined ways to increase their ability to influence in a range of situations
- explored the difference between agressive, submissive and assertive behaviours
- reviewed a number of assertive communication techniques
- applied those techniques to a range of workplace situations
- Who do you need to influence and why?
- identifying the underlying sources of power when influencing
- building effective relationships
- recognising the effect different forms of behaviour have on the outcome of a situation
- assertive communication techniques, including choosing the right words, positive body language and saying no
Friday, June 17, 2005
Map of Medicine
I hope to post further progress with the LSPs over the summer.
Thursday, June 16, 2005
PRODIGY on NLH
Please note that there is now a link to PRODIGY from the National Library for Health homepage - www.library.nhs.uk - under the Guidance section.
PRODIGY guidance is included in the NLH search engine.